RA Selection Process 2017-18
Information sessions for the Resident Advisor position will be taking place in early November and interested candidates must attend an information session for their application to be considered. The ORL RA Selection Committee would like your help spreading the word on the information sessions. We encourage you to share the information below and/or the attached flyer with the students in your areas. The committee appreciates your assistance in our efforts.
Interested in becoming an RA?
Want to make your mark on the SU community?
Attend an RA info session:
Tuesday, November 1 – 7 pm @ Life Sciences Building (Room 105)
Wednesday, November 2 – 4 pm @ Link Hal (Room 105)
Sunday, November 6 – 6 pm @ Hall of Languages (Room 102)
Monday, November 7 – 7 pm @ Goldstein Student Center (Room 201A)
Thursday, November 10 – 4 pm @ Hall of Languages (Room 500)
Application opens December 1, 2016, and is due by January 6, 2017.
If you are interested in the Resident Advisor position, you must attend an information session for your application to move forward in the process.
The RA Position
- There are 177 RA positions across campus during the academic year. This includes the 52 Learning Community Resident Advisors and 12 Mentor Resident Advisors.
- RA positions are available on North Campus and South Campus for the academic year.
- Summer RA positions include - SSUI, Summer Start, and Summer College.
- The academic year RA remuneration includes room and board (housing and meal plan) valued at a total of $8,115.00 a semester. If you are a Learning Community RA or Mentor RA, there is the opportunity to earn additional compensation.
- In addition to room and board (housing and meal plan), Summer RAs have the opportunity to earn $9.25 an hour for up to 26 hours per week.
- All candidates interested in participating in the RA recruitment process, may not have an active disciplinary status at their time of employment.